Sunday 1 April 2012

It's about time

Hello food lovers :)

It's about time I updated you on why we've been so rubbish in the cooking and blogging department recently.  For the last month Joe and I have been failing miserably in the culinary challenge we have set ourselves.

"Why is this?"  I keep asking myself.  A few thoughts spring to mind:
  1. We keep getting ill.  Nothing serious but cold after cold after virus after rubbish virus.  If it's not me it's Joe and he if not's Joe it's Andy or Will.  All in al,l it's left me feeling like I'm running low on energy.  So there's been less effort being put in on the cooking and baking front.
  2. The sun has been shining more.  Which means I've been out and about more instead of being holed up in the kitchen or sat on the sofa blogging. 
  3. I've been lazy about writing up the recipes we have cooked recently and now it feels like I can't catch-up so I keep avoiding writing anything!
  4. We've been having work done on the house, in the kitchen and bathroom.  It's been chaos.  Things are settling now  despite there still being decorating to be done  so hopefully this will encourage me back into the swing of things.
  5. There are a limited number of things Joe is interested in cooking.  Only things he wants to eat,  which is fair enough.  The problem is, he's quite limited in what he will eat, although he is getting a litttle more adventuress as he gets older.
So, here's my plan to get back on the culinary horse, as it were.

I've decided I need some new inspiration.  This has provided me with the perfect excuse to place a order with a well know online retailer for three new cookery books.  I realise three is a bit greedy but they were a good price and I was salivating at the thought of them. I'll tell you all about them when they arrive.

I'm going to post more frequently about any food related thoughts rather than restricting myself to it always being a full recipe that we've cooked as part of this year's food challege.

I'm also going to reorganise the kitchen so it is a nicer ad easier place to be.

And we're going to cross our fingers for less illness!  We'll stick with the sunshine and work around that though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment