Wednesday 1 February 2012

Roasted cherry tomato and goats cheese tart

I based this recipe on Delia's roasted tomato and goats cheese tart with thyme.  I didn't have any thyme though (why do I never have all the ingredients???) and I didn't use garlic (I'm currently trying to avoid it as I'm still breatfeeding our baby, Will), so I adapted Delia's recipe and it was very tasty..

These were the ingredients I used - sorry the quantaties are vague, I tend to go with my gut feeling when cooking (too risky when baking though!):-
  • a pack of ready made puff pastry, I used frozen pastry that I defrosted and rolled out to a thickness of about 1.5cm.
  • a pack of goats cheese
  • as many cherry tomatoes - each sliced into 3 or 4 slices - as it takes to cover the surface of the tart
  • a drizzle of olive oil
  • a pinch of black pepper
  • a pinch of salt
I defrosted and rolled out the puff pastry to a thickness of around 1cm. and placed on a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray.  I then placed the goats cheese in a bowl and beat it with a wooden spoon to soften it up a little before scattering (or spreading) onto the pastry base.  The cherry tomato slices were placed on top of the cheese to cover the whole tart.  A generous drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of black pepper and salt and I was ready to bake in a pre-heated oven at 190C.  Easy!

The tart took approx. 45 mins to bake and was then ready to serve- when the pastry was golden and the tomatoes looked caramelised.  I served it with rocket leaves and a gorgeous fig and vanilla balsamic vinegar...yum!   It was delicious.  I will definitely be making this dish again, very little prepartion, easy to make and very tasty.  I think it would be good with red onion too.


No comments:

Post a Comment